Old June 4th 18, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Macro wide open - ??

On 6/4/2018 5:35 AM, Paul Carmichael wrote:

snip

Could something similar to this be your problem
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2248343

No. I don't have a problem (well, that would interest anyone here). This
thread seems to have gone a bit wonky. I simply asked a question about
the usability of large apertures on a macro lens. No problems, no
complaints, just curiosity.

BTW, it's a manual lens.

I us MF on a lot of my macro shots. I also use high speed sync; i set
manual mode for shutter speed and exposure, to black out the background,
and make it blurry. I have to keep adjusting for lighting conditions.
Here is a test shot from yesterday. it is a RAW file so anyone who
downloads the file has a non-exclusive right to analyze it and play to
your hearts content. I must add, that use of this file is for personal
use in learning, only. I retain all right of copyright ownership. If you
want to use the image, or any derivation, for any purpose, other than
personal learning, you must ask for my permission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k35yio67hkcd7uy/20180603_cars%20antique%20flowers_6824.NEF?dl=0

--
PeterN