Old June 4th 18, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Noct: Nikon subrand for FF MILCs?

On Sun, 03 Jun 2018 16:02:00 -0700, RichA wrote in
:

On Sunday, 3 June 2018 13:19:49 UTC-4, wrote:
On 3 Jun 2018 04:53:46 GMT, android wrote:

They seem to have put a lot of effort in getting this right from the
start. I'll probably won't get me one but am truly exited to see how
this will push the envelope for MILCs! :-))

Via NR.
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/06/02/n...as-a-new-noct-
trademark-for-cameras-and-lenses.aspx/

Given how far behind they are in mirrorless they can't afford to screw
this up. But a separate brand? Makes no sense to me. The Nikon brand is
knows world wide, so why not leverage that name? Unless it's just a
product line name.

It's like Maybach and Mercedes, which you'll see in the price difference
too.

The *Maybach* brand was not a total success for *Daimler*, so it's
*Mercedes-Maybach* now, me thinks... re they trying to dump *Benz*, the
inventor of the motorcar from the name after more than a century? Family
rivalties can be a bitch!

The MM 6 Cab looks good though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MNJdnQLvBw

--