Old July 20th 12, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

Default Canon mirrorless let-down (maybe)

On 21/07/2012 12:41 a.m., RichA wrote:
I'd much rather they produced something like the SLR-looking thing in
the lower picture than the bland black thing in the top pictures. I
don't know if that image is real, but it looks too spartan and
boring. I don't see the back of it, but I doubt anyone will be
thrilled if everything is "touch-screen" driven.
It looks even more stripped-down than their top P&S camera!!

http://www.canonrumors.com/

If the images are real, then the 43mm filter thread can be used to
measure the shutter opening at just under 15mm width, and the sensor
would be a little smaller than the opening.
Have Canon made any announcement about format?
Looks like Canon's "EF-M" format could be about the same as the Nikon
"CX" format in the 1 series.