Old December 14th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.people
Larry Maupin

Default The Demise of the Professional Photojournalist

I don't buy the premise that citizens will replace pros. Citizens, though
they outnumber pros, have limited access and less than state of the art
equipment. I have a $300 cell phone that shoots video (videophone) and what
it produces is crap compared to my $3200 Sony FX1. I am trained in both
photography and videography to know what to do before, during and after the
event. I have intuition to anticipate the event and locations and do not
rely on chance.

Those are the things that will continue to separate citizens from pros, so
there will always be a place for professional work.

My 2 cents.

Larry Maupin
Maupin Photography

in article , jcmm50 at
wrote on 12/12/2006 5:25 AM:

"The rise of the citizen journalist is not a new phenomenon. (...)"
Article:

http://perso.wanadoo.es/photo50/en_a...s/en_z0017.htm

Cheers