Old March 14th 14, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Oregonian Haruspex

Default Camera with remote control slot built-in

On 2013-12-12 21:42:14 +0000, leonbc said:

Around 1995 I had a 35mm camera which had a pill-sized remote control
slot built into the camera body where you store the remote control. It
easily popped out if you pushed it. The lenses were not detachable, but
the body shape looked similar to a DSLR as opposed to a compact. I am
obviously an amateur. Does anyone have any clue what brand/model camera
I might have had? It was my first camera, I loved it, and it got stolen
when I was in a market. Thanks.

It may have been an Olympus IS series SLR with the built in zoom lens.