Old April 13th 09, 01:57 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ken Hart[_3_]

Default Used MF Prices --- I Should be Happy but not

On 2009-04-06 00:07:48 -0400, rwalker said:

On Sat, 04 Apr 2009 18:55:58 +0100, Rob B
wrote:

snip

There are other manufacturer's of film suck as Ilford who are currently
releasing their latest emulsions in 120 format. Of late Fuji relented
pressure and reintroduced the famous Velvia 50, so film is not dead
just
yet. As for the 220 format that may soon disappear ( a couple of years
or so) as it is becoming more and more difficult to source.

Well, at least I won't be bothered too much any more, then, that my
Pentax 67 has a broken 120/220 switch and is stuck in 120 mode.

I have just thawed out my last 220 Velvia 50 for the Pentax 6x7

I keep my film refrigerated but not frozen. I assume you freeze yours. I
had thought about doing this but have been unsure. How long do you thaw
it for, and what is the general condition like once thawed?

Rob.

For 120/220 film, generally two hours at room temp is good enough for
thawing. If the film is in it's sealed container, there shouldn't be any
problems with collecting moisture as it thaws. If you need it thawed faster,
you can always hold it in your armpit. If you really need it thawed fast,
there's another place on your body where you can thaw it, but I wouldn't
recommend it except for recreational purposes!