Old February 22nd 08, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Dakota_Mike

Default Kodak Poster

On Feb 21, 12:29 pm, "Ken Hart" wrote:
"Dakota_Mike" wrote in message

I just got a hold of an old Kodak poster at an auction over the
weekend. It's 19"x30" in sepia. The words "Kodak Keeps Them Little"
across the top, a picture of a little girl on a tree branch holding a
teddy bear, and the words "Enlarged from a snapshot made on Kodak
Verichrome Film" at the bottom with a smaller picture of the larger
picture beside these words.

I've looked all over the web and can't find details on this poster.
Obviously, I know when Kodak was putting out the Verichrome film, so I
can approximate the age of the poster. That is, if the poster is an
original advertisement. Anyone out there know anything about my new
find?

Dakota Mike

I can't authenicate your poster, but I have a collection of some old Kodak
TV commercials, and the theme seems right. Kodak's ads used to be big on
sentiment and children growing up. Does it have a corporate trademark on it?
In the 1930's the logo would have been a yellow rectangle with the name
Kodak in red block letters.

No . . that's the problem. There is no trademark on the picture,
which is what
made me wonder if it's authentic or not. Whether or not, it's still
pretty cool
and goes well behind all the old cameras I've collected over the years.