Old August 27th 18, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Mysterious colours

On Aug 27, 2018, Paul Carmichael wrote
(in article ):

Hello folks:

Just cleaning up some snaps from a horsey thing on the weekend and noticed
some corruption
(on RAW and jpeg).

Can someone tell me what causes it and how to avoid it please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w189brpllb..._0941.JPG?dl=0

On the horse's face. The lighting was a nightmare, with very bright sunlight
and lots of
shadows.

Which lens were you using?

To me the problem looks like chromatic aberration (CA) with purple fringing.
If I remember correctly, you are using Lightroom. If so you should be able to
correct that CA in Lightroom.

In LR develop module, go to the Lens Correction panel *Profile* check to see
if the *Remove Chromatic Aberration* check box is checked. The select
*Manual* and adjust Defringe amount , and Purple Hue sliders. If needed
adjust the amount and Green Hue sliders.

Savageduck