Old July 31st 05, 01:23 PM
Skip M

"Pixby" wrote in message
Sometime amount the era I began to use 35mm cameras, I developed a framing
habit so as not to lose any precious resolution when the images were
enlarged. I unconsciously do it now and almost never crop an image unless
it's to accommodate "perfect portrait" size - the 2/3rds thing.

I double booked this weekend and had to engage a contract Photographer for
the 'other' shoot. I've just been going through his work ready to start
printing and discovered a lot of his shots need cropping. Nothing wrong
with his photography, just the fact he leaves lots of room in the image.

How many other people make cropping a normal event when editing? Just
curious.

--
Douglas...
"You finally make it on the Internet

Generally, I only crop the amount necessary to get the proportions of the
paper, i.e. 8x10, 11x14, A3, etc.
That being said, sometimes I find that, compositionally, an image works
better with additional cropping, and to a point, I'll do that.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com