Old June 16th 04, 04:52 AM
Mike

Default Insane new TSA rule for film inspection

wrote in message
Well, here ya go, people -- our tax dollars at work.

Last week I flew to Chicago from Seattle to photograph the Chicago
Blues Festival.
When they finally did hand me back all my film, my papers and the
torn-open film boxes, the super sez, "Um, there must have been some
contamination on the tray." SCUZE ME? YOU GUYS dumped the film into
the tray!!! That's why I just spent half an hour standing here???

I have no idea what that chemical trace agent is on those swab pads. I
don't know if it will affect my film in any way. But I do know it's
going to cost me time and money to find out. And I do know that, if
this ridiculous exercise is going to be standard procedure, I'm going
to be shipping my film FedEx from now on. That's going to cost me,
too. And for what? Increased security? Yeah, right.

I don't know what the TSA is thinking, or if it's thinking at all. Far
as I can tell, this "new rule" hasn't been posted to their web site.
All I could find was this:

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1035.xml
If you plan to request a hand inspection of your film, you
should consider carrying your film in clear canisters, or
taking the film out of solid colored canisters and putting
it into clear plastic bags, to expedite the screening process.

Rant over.

JJ

Don't expect any logic from TSA and Home Land whatever.
Your experience is the reason why I ship everything ahead of me.
The whole thing is a big joke designed to make the flying public "feel
safer".