Old October 6th 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default Who makes Freestyle noew Arista bw film?

John J wrote:
As far as the rest of Freestyle's economy films - PASS because they are
rife with defects and inconsistencies

Before the industry "crashed" (Agfa went out of business, and Ilford
"reorganized"), Freestyle's cheap film was made by Ilford and was
every bit as good as the Ilford branded stuff.

As part of the reoganization, Ilford stopped selling all of their black
and white products except under their brand Ilford/Harmon.

That film was sold off for a cheaply when it first went out of date
and is now long gone.

If I had a Holga, and could buy that film, I probably would as the defects
would add to the "art", but that's a matter of personal choice. :-)

Geoff.