Old October 12th 18, 12:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

Default Windows 10 update wipes out files and photos

On 11/10/2018 22.07, MC wrote:
nospam wrote:

windows update is broken. it's that simple.

If it is I have not noticed it.

then you're in denial, the part you snipped:

What? I have nothing to be in denial of. As I have said, I have not
experienced any negative issues with Windows 10 update.

Me, I have experienced Windows rebooting on its own while processing a
bunch of a thousand photos. I leave the machine working, go to sleep,
and when I get back to find the machine rebooted and the process
stopped. I did not give it explicit permission to update and reboot. To
me that is broken. And no, there is nowhere in the config where to
disable automatic updates, not in the home version.

The update itself, even without rebooting, disrupts the photo
processing, taking processing time that I need to process my photos. I'm
talking of several hours.

Once the update made the processing to crash, till I reinstalled the
Nikon software. So the photo processing took two days more.

To me that is a broken by design procedure. I would do the processing in
Linux, but Nikon doesn't make a Linux tool.

--
Cheers, Carlos.