Old July 27th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Default Nikon 5700: Monitor and viewfinder flicker

I was just going to mention that.

--
Joan

"Ed Ruf" wrote in message
: On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:11:08 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Ed Ruf
: wrote:
:
: On 25 Jul 2006 11:50:34 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "Anthony"
: wrote:
:
: The problem started several days ago when I turned my Nikon 5700
on.
: Monitor and viewfinder were flickering so much that I couldn't see
the
: image. I played around with the controls (power on-off, zoom
in-out,
: etc) until I thought the problem was suddenly fixed. Unfortunately
it
: was not fixed. There is random unpredictable flickering which
shows on
: the photos I take.
:
: The flickering shows on photos taken when viewed where? Do you see
: artifacts when viewing them on a PC?
:
: Do you have the Shutter Release Speed option set to Quick Response
in
: the Set UP Menu, as detailed on p. 127 of the fine manual? This
will
: lower the quality of the live preview, but will not effect the
final
: image when viewed elsewhere.
:
: I just remembered Nikon has issued a service advisory which included
: the 5700.
:
http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin...i=&p_topview=1
: --