Old May 7th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital

Default [OT - US/Canada] E-85

Bill wrote:
Frank ess wrote:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the pollution created and
energy
used in the manufacture of E85 offsets the savings?

Nope.
http://www.ilcorn.org/Ethanol/85__Et...__ethanol.html

They're promoting ethanol use, so they might be biased.

Way I heard it, there isn't sufficient production and
infrastructure
to supply sufficient material to make a significant difference. The
liquid's nature is such that it isn't an appropriate subject for
current mass distribution methods: it must be _trucked_ to its
destination.

This may come as a shock to you, but most "gas stations" get their
fuel from a transport truck hauling a tanker.

I too like the idea of using ethanol, but the government will have
step in or the oil companies with their massive resources will
continue to derail the use of ethanol.

It may come as a shock to you, Bill, but your attribution snip is
faulty.

Plus which, a road-going tanker is not a _mass_ distribution method in
this context.