Old August 5th 18, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default 35mm slide and negative scanning - UK?

On 05/08/2018 00:37, The Real Bev wrote:
On 08/02/2018 04:00 AM, RJH wrote:

snip

Are these online/retail commercial scanners really that bad, then? You
can't even get a ballpark estimate of whether the shot is worth keeping?
I've got maybe 400 35mm negatives I was thinking of committing to an
online processor. If a decent number were worth keeping I'd buy a decent
scanner.

Review from a highly-reputable world traveler/edventurer with a lot of
slides to scan:

http://straightchuter.com/35mm-slide-scanning/

Interesting - I see they
(https://www.scancafe.com/services/us-express-scanning) provide an
'India option' - quite an operation.

His 'sentimental value photos' are considerably more than that.

Agreed.

--
Cheers, Rob