Old July 31st 18, 03:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

Default 35mm slide and negative scanning - UK?

On 07/31/2018 03:33 AM, Tim Watts wrote:
Any recommendations please for bulk scanning services in the UK?

These are family snaps - not high quality but worth a lot in sentimental
value and it's time to move them to digital for long term preservation
and accessibility.

So I'm looking for a good price/quality balance as these are not pro
quality films. But I would like dust/dirt issues to be minimised as far
as possible.

Home scanning might be an option if more cost effective - but I don't
know of what is currently a decent scanner.

I'd like the IR channel feature that I had in an old Nikon ICE Coolscan
I used a long time ago as it was pretty good at removing dirt/dust
visually.

Many thanks for any advice

Tim

To have a service do it would be expensive.

I highly recommend an Epson scanner.

It will do a professional job at low cost