Old October 27th 11, 10:55 PM posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital,24hoursupport.helpdesk
thanatoid

Default The first good thing to happen to the world of images in years.

bugbear wrote in
:

§ñühwö£f wrote:

Polaroids were popular with the insurance industry
(adjustors)

Back in the late 1980's we had a polaroid camera
in our "Goods in" area, so that when a van opened
up and the rear was a shambles, or the packaging
on an item was beaten to hell, we had evidence.

In the (common...) case where the shipment was urgent,
this allowed us to "conditionally accept" the item,
but retain evidence about the shipping damage.

BugBear

FWIW, I should mention that I consider almost all Polaroid
consumer products useful ONLY due to their instant/private
aspects.

OTOH, the SX-70 was a brilliant development and a tool embraced
not only by insurance adjusters, but by many artists. It does
not seem many people in these photography groups have much of a
concept of art.

--
"Well, Steve, I think there's more than one way of looking at
it. I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named