Old October 27th 11, 11:15 AM posted to alt.photography,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.digital,24hoursupport.helpdesk
bugbear

Default The first good thing to happen to the world of images in years.

§ñühwö£f wrote:

Polaroids were popular with the insurance industry (adjustors)

Back in the late 1980's we had a polaroid camera
in our "Goods in" area, so that when a van opened
up and the rear was a shambles, or the packaging
on an item was beaten to hell, we had evidence.

In the (common...) case where the shipment was urgent,
this allowed us to "conditionally accept" the item,
but retain evidence about the shipping damage.

BugBear