Old October 7th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Neil Harrington[_3_]

Default Adoration of cameras

wrote in message
Is it just me or do many people her have some kind of devotion to
their cameras and lenses; to the point where they are more concerned
with the tools than the images they make?

That's a fair question.

Someone once said there are two kinds of photographers: one kind typically
has one battered, grungy camera and takes lots and lots and lots of
pictures, and the other kind has all the latest and most elaborate equipment
and seldom does any photography.

In my impecunious youth I was the first type, but in my steady advance into
old geezerhood I'm afraid I have moved quite a bit toward the second. I
certainly do have enormous "devotion to [my] cameras and lenses" as you put
it, though I have not entirely given up doing a little photography as well.