Old May 21st 18, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Double Sunset

On May 21, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-21 03:08:08 +0000, PeterN said:

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some
ACR and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera.
Nikon does multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure
for 10, and took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need
to refine things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments
are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu...at%20Captree_4
694.jpg?dl=0

Is it the tide rolling in or out that beaches the boat in on frame but
not the other?

I suspect it was an incoming tide that beached the boat, because of a
broken mast. We had some heavy winds a few days ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64ypxkz2z3...20Captree_4540
.jpg?dl=0

I've been fooling around with double exposures since me
early film days but now that effect can be achieved with a raster
graphics editor.

I did some double exposures back in the film days. IIRC my F3 had a
button that prevented film advance when cocking the shutter. I also did
some in my wet darkroom. It is a lot easier now. Here's a recent five
image composite.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egle6lb2xknjt0v/Spirits%20View.jpg?dl=0

While you have much more control in post, it is not as much fun as in
camera. I forgot to bring my ND filters, so I was duplicating the LE
effect by using in camera multiple exposure.
The original image was a multiple in camera, made while I was walking
around the tree. I Then played around in post, using the emboss filter
and attenuated the colors the way I wanted them. (I am almost positive
that the Duck won't like it, but I do.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c7cul49u4jgo9b/tree1024.jpg?dl=0

You are correct sir. ;-)

Savageduck