Old November 26th 08, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default So film is dead?

Mark Thomas wrote,on my timestamp of 26/11/2008 12:28 PM:

Yes, they've brought a few new films out.

I'll bet it must hurt to admit that one, eh?

More?

Yes. Kodak just released a new one less than two
months ago.

And you believe it
will be increasing, do you?

Apparently, two new films in less than a year
is an increase. Can you cite back in the 80s
any instance of that happening?
It's only you and other blindfolded geniuses
that can't cope with simple facts.

Just like overall film sales?

who the heck CARES about film sales?
We're talking about USING film.
Got it?

Before I go, I've seen increasingly frequent reports of people who have
tried digital, found it too much hassle, and gone back to film.

Increasingly frequent? Cites? Compared to how many who have now
completely dropped film?

Go to apug and count new members.
Go he http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootfilm/pool/
and count the members. That's just two short
examples, heaps more.

I think all we have seen here is that a film enthusiast believes the
plural of 'anecdote' is 'fact'.

For someone who ignores facts you don't want much,
do you? How about oggling at this:
http://www.photoness.de/yodo_analog/
And that is just one store of a huge chain.
Pure "anecdote", no doubt?
Of course!...

Don't get me wrong, I still use film, but I don't think this helps the
cause..

Yeah, sure...