Old December 7th 17, 05:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
peter

Default ot. iPhone updates

nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Prior to getting my new iPhone I would be notified that there is an update
available. I have had issues with my plus that have been solved by updating
the iOS system. Both times I had not received a notice that an update was
available that would fix the bug. Has anybody else had that issue, or is
there a setting that I have missed. If it is a setting, which one?

updates can take a few days to appear for everyone, or you can request
it at any time.

i used to get a notification that there was an update. Since I go the 8+
I have not been getting any.

what version does your 8+ currently have? you may be up to date already.

as i said, it sometimes may take a few days for it to check on its own.
11.2 was released over the weekend so it may not have checked yet, but
if you prefer, just manually request it.

I called support and was advised to bring in the phone, which I cannot do.
I’ve been poked around and found there was an update, which I installed and
the problem was fixed. My question is has Apple changed it’s policy? Or was
this just because they were In a rush to get the update out. The problem
was a serious one. I had no access to my contact list and could not use the
phone except with Siri or Bluetooth.

PeterN