Old November 9th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Toby

Default Olympus GOES CHEAP. E-3, the flagship, MADE IN CHINA, CHINA!!!!

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 6, 11:10 am, wrote:
On Nov 6, 12:03 pm, "Frank Arthur" wrote:

My Nikon D200 is made in Thailand.

So?

My Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 is made in China.

So?

It proves that once again RichA has no idea what he's talking about.

Like I said, NO other companies. Thailand is NOT COMMUNIST CHINA.
Even to stupid liberals.

I spend 1/2 the year in PRC. It is as capitalist as any country you wish to
name, or more so. The government is another thing, but Deng Xiaoping made
sure it would not interfere with wealth aquisition. You simply would not
believe cities like Shanghai. The growth and industry are amazing. Whether
they can keep it up is another matter of course, but the change in the last
20 years strains the imagination, and it is not over yet.

It is a smart move on Olympus' part. You might notice that there is now
extremely good high tech stuff coming out of PRC, especially in the field of
electronics. Hard drives, graphics cards, memory, chips...We just bought a
$20,000 professional Fujinon video lens. Made in China. Works great. You
only have to look at traditional Chinese arts and crafts to see that these
people are prodigiously talented and able when the circumstances are
favorable.

If Olympus can stay on top of the QC issue they will kill the competition.
Stay tuned for more and more high end photo equipment coming out of PRC...

Toby