Old January 25th 04, 10:41 PM
Howard Lester

"John" wrote

Nope. Mine was made in '95. Got it right before Fred sold out
to Calumet.I believe that there were actually 3 Zone VI cameras. The
Wista's as you mention, the ones that Ron Wisner evidently designed
and built, and the last Zone VI cameras which I believe were modified
by a Russian engineer that Fred hired. I met this engineer along with
Brooks Brown at the Photo Expo show in NYC.

Quoting Wisner "You can tell we built it because the nameplate
says "Built by Wisner Classic Mfg. Co., Inc. for Zone VI Studios""

Interesting stuff, thanks. Yes, I do know that Ron Wisner made the first
non-Wista Zone VI's, but I thought they were identical to the one I have. My
understanding is that Ron was too slow making them, so Fred took them on
himself. FWIW, The boards shown on ebay look identical to my "Vermont-made"
Zone VI. Speaking of which, they should have included a bottle of maple
syrup with every camera purchase.

Howard