Old April 30th 18, 01:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default A camera with a sensor bigger than 8 by 10 inches??!!

On 4/30/2018 6:12 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 27 April 2018 18:39:31 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 4/27/2018 10:25 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 27 April 2018 13:05:14 UTC+1, Neil wrote:
On 4/27/2018 5:55 AM, Whisky-dave wrote:

[irrelevant drivel snipped]

While yuo seem to think yuo TG-4 can outperfom the 10x8

Yes, BECAUSE I think that higher resolution cameras will outperform
lower resolution cameras, regardless of sensor cell size.

out perform in what way ?
The problem with small sensor size if the amount you have to enlarge the image so having a 10X sensor is better than having a 1x sensor even if that 1z sensor has less noise because you won't have to enlarge it.

"Image enlargement" ability is a direct factor of sensor matrix
resolution, not cell size. As I stated a number of times, the higher
resolution camera will provide a better representation of the scene for
prints of equal size due to the more complete information at or above
the typical minimally acceptable ppi resolution of a print. The math is
clear, as are the print size limitations of this 8x10 camera.

--
best regards,

Neil