Old July 13th 10, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Thor Lancelot Simon

Default Kodabromide F1 paper

In article ,
Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
Given your description that this is "really thin stuff" it looks as though
you have single weight paper. That being so - and if there is no watermark
on the back - then consider using it as a paper negative. Contact print

Actually, Kodabromide was made in four weights, right through the very
end of the emulsion.

Document-weight

Single-weight

Double-weight

Postcard-weight ("Extra-weight"?)

The document-weight paper is the weight of textbook paper and is, in
fact, meant to be bound directly into books. It's considerably lighter
than single-weight. Wonderful stuff, with many fun uses.

I know Kodak couldn't keep Kodabromide or Elite in production because
they would have had to reformulate the emulsions to eliminate cadmium,
and they never would have recovered the money spent doing so. But I
was still very sad to see them go.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"All of my opinions are consistent, but I cannot present them all