Old January 4th 19, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Does smartphone angle of view depend only on focal length?

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

put another way, in the time it takes you to go to a store, buy a roll
of film, shoot some photos and then go back to that store and have it
processed, roughly a billion digital photos will have been taken.

Of course, the bulk of those digital photos will be crap.

so what? and that's not any different than the bulk of film photos.

what matters is that the number of film photos, as well as film sales,
is basically zero, and it won't be that long until it really is zero.

and overall, those digital photos will be much better than the crap
that came out of film cameras, especially from those disposable things.

If you only
have 24 or 36 chances to get it right, you tend to be more careful to
get it right.

that is one of the biggest myths, and you aren't the final arbiter of
what is right or wrong anyway.

(I don't have to go to the store for a roll of film- I buy several
bricks at a time and keep it in the film freezer. And I don't have to go
back to the store for processing- the C41 darkroom is fifteen feet away.)

you still have to make the initial purchase for the bricks and pay for
the electricity to keep them frozen, plus the darkroom processing takes
a substantial amount of time.

you're grasping at straws. and failing.