Old October 29th 14, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.os.linux,comp.sys.mac.system
William Unruh

Default How much EXIF information is tracked by photo sharing sites?

On 2014-10-28, Davoud wrote:
Savageduck:
If there is an image I am truly concerned with, I will strip the metadata
before sharing, but I am not particularly paranoid.

Nor am I. I label my photos on Facebook and in Flickr with "Made at
Gambrills, Maryland, on DD MMM YYYY." Or other location, as
appropriate. Try to imagine the National Geographic or a newspaper
publishing photos in isolation, not saying where or when they were
taken. That would render most of the photos entirely useless.

Yes, but then you are not National Geographic, or even a newspaper. Even
they do not publish all the photos they take.