Old September 19th 17, 12:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Stupid computer reviews

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 07:44:11 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Sep 18, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Sunday, 17 September 2017 10:10:33 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 20:16:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

what's amazing is how someone so stupid could be president of ibm.

You have to remember exactly what the computers of 1943 were like. You
also have to remember what (little) they could do.

Eric Stevens

What computers were around in 1943 ?

Since you wanted answers for 1943, try “Z3”, “Colossus”, and “ENIAC” for starters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z3_(computer)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENIAC

ENIAC was 1946

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossus_computer

Then there was someone in the US who in the late 1930s built the first
computer with capacitive memory storage: the first modern memory. I
can't remember his name and I can't find a reference.

Eric Stevens