Old July 31st 18, 03:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default 25 days to Nikon throwing the towel as the defender of the DSLR against the onslaught of mirror-less.

On Mon, 30 Jul 2018 18:35:51 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jul 30, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 29 Jul 2018 14:32:23 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

... I can capture sport
images such as this with my X-T2.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-w8DxFTk/0/7707b86c/O/i-w8DxFTk.jpg

That's a slow-moving target.

Compared to an aircraft making a low pass at airshow, but as to the actual
speed of any of those triathletes on bicycles, you would have to be on scene
to understand. There are issues of closing distances, perceived acceleration
due to changing angle between camera, and target.

That's exactly right. Speed is relative. You are not necessarily
panning any faster with a fighter jet passing at 500 mph than with a
cyclist racing by when you are at the side of the road. I should know
all about AF problems being a Pentax owner. That said, I'm still
probably going to get the K1 Mark II. The AF is improved, even if it's
not up to Canikon standards, and it's good enough for my purposes from
what I've read. And it's way cheaper than switching systems. And
that'll probably be that as far as investing in photo gear.