Old November 14th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.film+labs,rec.arts.movies.tech,alt.photography,alt.photography.schools.nyip,rec.photo.darkroom
Bill Vermillion

Default Different Formats for Different Countries -- Variable Density B&W Film

In article ,
rafe b wrote:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
rs.com...

I challenge you to find any business in the US, any office, that *doesn't*
use 8-1/2" x 11" paper in their office printers, for correspondence,
billing, etc. I have *never* seen anyone here who uses A4. It's a
virtually unknown paper size here. Where are you getting your information?

We're in the business of developing printers and MFPs
for outfits like Canon, Lexmark, Dell, KM, et. al. We
have to keep all of the metric paper sizes in stock. Next
to LTR, A4 is the most popular size around our office.
Our OEMs and ODMs in Asia do most of their testing
on A4.

Like I said -- A4 comes in real handy for printing any
image in a 2:3 aspect ratio. Much better than LTR.
(LTR=Letter size=8.5x11")

A4 is "unknown" to most Americans because Americans
choose to be ignorant about the rest of the world.

Do you really need the qualifie 'about the rest of the world' :-)

Bill

--
Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com