Old July 11th 04, 05:52 PM
Paul Crowder

"Christopher Nguyen" wrote in message
Do you consider FM3A is better than F100 for the price?

It's really difficult to compare the two since they're made for two
different types of photographers. The F100 is an auto do-everything camera
with autofocus, aperture-priority AE, shutter-priority AE, and
auto-everything else camera, while the FM3a is a rugged workhorse camera for
photographers who wish to have complete control over their images. The only
automatic feature the FM3a has is aperture-priority AE. Here's what Ken
Rockwell had to say about the two cameras:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/fefm.htm
All of these cameras are sturdy and fully up to the rigors of professional
abuse. They are tougher than the amateur F100 that costs twice as much. The
F100 has more blinking lights and autofocus and costs more; these other F
series cameras are built tougher, need you to focus them and cost less.

I prefer the automatic exposure models like the FE, FE-2 and FM3a The FM,
FM2 and FM-2n require manual exposure setting, taking more time.

If you are on a budget then a used FE tends to sell for about $150 - 200. It
would be a great choice for anything.

If you are rich, then go buy a brand new FM3a which I guess ought to sell
for about $650. It replaces everything any of these cameras do, except for
Matrix Metering of the FA.