Old March 18th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Tom Ross

Default Check out the comments on dust from this poster

On 18 Mar 2007 01:59:05 -0700, "RichA" wrote:

Saw this on Dpreview.com:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=22482887

Are you "anti-dust control system" types suuurreee the that they
aren't needed?

I am a little suspicious of a woman who "makes her living as
photography [sic]" having problems like this. I'm even more suspicious
of a professional who doesn't know how to avoid, minimize, and correct
a problem like this.

I also have to wonder why she chose the E-500 instead of the Canon
400D/Rebel XTi. Nothing againts the E-500, but changing platforms is
pretty drastic. And her set of Oly lenses is a strange choice for a
professional.

You have a bigger problem with dust in the cameras you don't own than
I have with the Rebel that I've been shooting for three years. In that
time I have had to clean the sensor only once. I took a "dust" shot
just yesterday, and I didn't see anything worth messing with.

TR