Old May 25th 18, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Google Clips - End of the photographer as we know it?

On 2018-05-25 10:42:36 +0000, occam said:

Here is an interesting article which says:

"Google and its AI research team really do think that photography is
about deciding what makes a good picture and think it can be automated.
Over time photography has become increasingly less skillful. First
automatic exposure takes away the skill of setting up the recording
equipment and then automatic focus makes it easy to focus on the
foreground object. AI driven focus even does away with the need to
manually select what should be in focus. All that is left it the moment
to press the shutter or record button."

The full article
(http://www.i-programmer.info/news/19...tographer.html)

is about Google's Clip App which uses AI to automate the 'critical
moment' of photo-taking, which according to the article is currently the
last bastion of photographers.

Oki... Photography is as dead as painting! See me weep as all the
wannabes get caught with their pants down by me mommy and her pocket
instamatic, whence she gets back from the inside of the earth...

while some buy a lens so they can get to photograph out of focus cirles
and call it art. I remmeber the days when photographers took picture of
things they wanted in focus and that was the main idea behind taking
the photo. ;-P

Soo you're a F8 shooter straight up. That's an approach that can be
honoured as legitimate dogma too...
--
teleportation kills