Old March 4th 08, 06:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Ken Hart[_3_]

Default Question regarding Yashica A Camera with Sunpak 555 Flash

"Roy" wrote in message
.70...
I recently was given a Yashica A Camera with a Sunpak 555 Flash Unit.

My question is what shutter speed setting do I use when using the flash
unit.

I seem to remember the correct setting was 1/60 of a second.

I have searched on line for an owner's manual for the flash unit, but no
luck.

Somebody tell me if I am correct with the 1/60 setting.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080303-0, 03/03/2008
Tested on: 3/3/2008 5:42:28 PM

I don't know the Yashica A, but for most horizontal focal plane shutters,
1/60 is maximum. If the pictures have one side cut off, then it's longer
than 1/60. If it's a between-the-lens shutter, just about any speed is good.
(The preceding is a _general_ statement that applies to many 35mm cameras,
and possibly MF cameras.)
Is this a MF twin lens reflex? if so, try
http://www.butkus.org/chinon/yashica...a_a-splash.htm. For
many camera instruction books, try the first part of that
URL--http://www.butkus.org/