Old March 4th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Question regarding Yashica A Camera with Sunpak 555 Flash

"Roy" wrote in message
.70...
I recently was given a Yashica A Camera with a Sunpak 555 Flash Unit.

My question is what shutter speed setting do I use when using the flash
unit.

I seem to remember the correct setting was 1/60 of a second.

I have searched on line for an owner's manual for the flash unit, but no
luck.

Somebody tell me if I am correct with the 1/60 setting.

1/60 sec or slower is correct if your camera has a focal plane shutter. But
your Yashica A - like all TLRs - has a leaf shutter. So just make sure you
have the camera at X-synch and fire away at any and all speeds with your
Sunpak electronic flash. It is easy enough to test - put a roll in the
camera, set the synch to X, and fire away varying the shutter speed....no
exposure compensation using the f/stop. The different shutter speeds have
no effect on exposure when ambient light is low/non existent...exposure is
controlled by f/stop/subject distance as indicated by info on your flash.