Old October 22nd 05, 12:32 PM
MarkČ

Default B&H and Adorama Closed!

carrigman wrote:
I'm just back from a trip to New York City where high on my agenda
was a visit to B&H to buy a Canon lens. Off I went one morning only
to find the store closed for the week. No word of explanation. No
matter, there was always Adorama. So I hightailed it down to West
18th Street only to find myself, together with a bunch of other
bemused photographers, staring at shuttered windows and a notice
saying they too were closed for the week!
All to do with a Jewish holiday, I understand. Surely they have enough
non-Jewish employees to cater for the rest of us? I didn't see any
other major New York stores closed for religious reasons and I think
it is outrageous for these two firms to treat its customers like this.

John,
Ireland

All you needed to do was go to B&H's web-site...where a sign would be shown,
warning about their holiday schedule, which includes lengthy religious
observances during October.