Old January 15th 19, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default Camera straps?

Out playing with my new X-T3 and vertical grip today, mainly with the
50-230 while I save up for a 100-400!

Partly shooting outdoors failing to capture pheasants (quite windy
today, the usually plentiful buzzards were nowhere to be seen), partly
shooting a horse rider in an indoor school.

The conventional neck strap on the eyelets at each end of the top plate
just keeps getting in the way, especially switching from portrait to
landscape (otherwise very easy, with this grip).

The grip comes with a tethering point on the bottom, I see from Amazon
that there are several similar straps worn diagonally across the chest,
with a single point fixing to the bottom of the camera. Does anyone have
any particular advice, suggestions, or recommendations? Or are they all
much the same?

With the weight of the grip and longer lens I think I need something
with DSLR rather than mirrorless ratings. Is the tether point a standard
size? I think I'd like something that is fairly quick to detach.

TIA...Steve