Old August 2nd 15, 10:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

Default Risked a pot pie

On Sat, 01 Aug 2015 22:12:08 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

This afternoon we stopped for a snak of roasted corn. This guy loves
corn, and risked becoming the key ingredient in a pot pie. He happily
posed, hoping I would drop a few kernals. (I did.)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20150801_Orient_0567.jpg

I seem to be standing in for Savageduck. :-)

The image gives the impression that it is printed on velvet - or old
carpet - or something. Whatever. Anyway, I don't like the apparent
texture.

Closer examination shows that in places it carries an oversharpening
halo. The background, and no doubt the foreground, has the appearance
of being viewed through vey fine ripple glass.

Examination of the Exif data shows what I suspect may be the main
culprit.

Sharpen Radius +3
Sharpen detail 43
Sharpen edge masking 0

In other words, you have sharpened everything within the body of the
chicken, and it shows.

I think a lesser Sharpen Radius would help and, particularly, so would
some Sharpen Edge Masking.

In making these comments, I fully accept that you may like it the way
it is.

Eric Stevens