Old May 27th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default This morning

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/27/2017 3:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 27, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/27/2017 2:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Went to the airshow this morning.

Was that out at Republic Field, Farmingdale?

Yes!

Saw a few quick snaps.

named after one of our posters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y...Show_0640.jpg?
dl
=
0

Cute.

The Republic product (P-47) Dad flew was appropriately labeled
“BigAsBurd”.

I don't think this was a P47. Much too small: I don't know what it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwzes8ban...ow_0641.jpg?dl
=0

That is definitely not a P-47.
It looks like a Cessna O-2 “Skymaster”

OK to confirm. I checked the military serial number on your first shot. That
is 67-21448.

From there it was easy to track down:
Airframe Family: Cessna 336 /337/O-2 Skymaster
Model: O-2B Super Skymaster
Construction Number: 337M-0472
Last Civil Registration: N888B
Latest Owner or Location:
American Airpower Museum
Republic Airport
East Farmingdale, Long Island, New York

It looks almost like a toy, that wa not orginally intended for military use.

It was developed from the Cessna 336 as a replacement for the Cessna O-1
“Bird Dog” which was used as an observation and FAC aircraft in Korea and
Vietnam. It was replaced in turn by the North American OV-10 “Bronco”
which are still used today as observation and operations control aircraft by
CalFire.

Savageduck