Old August 30th 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

Default Tools or Toys for Little Boys?

Social adoption of technological change takes place for one of two reason...

1 – A need is determined and someone then finds a way to fulfill it

2 – A new technology evolves and people then discover what can be done with it

I believe that we are at a point in time where a profound change is about
to take place in the photographic industry. It is being driven not by user
demand, but by the inevitable convergence of a number of required
technologies. In combination, and when a certain nexus is reached, they
will allow the creation of a new type of photographic instrument which
will radically change the way photographers and film makers work.

. . .

Real Photographers Don't Need High Speed

I can see it now. No sooner will this essay be online than someone on one
of the forums will lament how cameras such as what I've described will
be the work of the devil, because real photographers wait for the moment
of peak action and then take the one shot that captures it best.
Machine-gunning in the hope of getting the decisive moment will damn
photographers that use them to hell, or at least lead to scorn from ones peer.

OK, fine – whatever. But trust me – people who have to make their livings
by capturing action photographs don't give a rats derier what those forum
folks think. They've got an editor waiting and deadlines to meet, and if
30 -100 FPS gets the shot, then it's the ticket. Baby needs a new pair of shoes.

. . .

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...vergence.shtml