Old April 10th 13, 09:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
George Anthony

Default Quandary - DX or FX?

"Nige Danton" wrote in message
I'm in a bit of a quandary. I've currently got a D7000 and an 18-105
lens.
Ive recently (this year) switched back to SLR's after a decade of using
digital point and shoot. I'm certainly pleased with D7000, but am finding
the 18-105 to be a bit too slow in low light (indoors without flash) and
am
thinking of buying a faster lens.

Also I've found some of the (cropped) images to be not quite as sharp as I
would like. This mainly seems to occur in low light shots.

I'm also keen to try some macro photography too, and have been thinking
about a macro lens, perhaps extension tubes or even a bellows.

My quandary is this. I'm not (at all) sure that I'm satisfied with a DX
format and really don't want to buy new lenses and accessories and then
find myself needing to re-buy them if/when I buy an FX body.

So, what do you think. Should I spend more time and practise getting the
best out of my D7000 or switch to an FX body now? Cost is not particular
issue - that said I don't want to be wasteful.

Appreciate any feedback.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l

Excellent photos can be taken with a DX camera when set up and used
properly. Having said that, with money as no object, I'd go FX.