Old October 26th 04, 02:03 AM
Matt Ion

Lorenzo J. Lucchini wrote:

What do you think? I *have* actually tried this stuff and it *appears*
to work and remove a number of defects from the final image - although
many dust spots remains, and I haven't been able to find out whether
the system works differently with dust that's *on the film* and dust
that's *on the scanner*.

Interesting concept, and should somewhat work in theory, although it
will only work for "noise" that's between the film/negative and the
scanner head. Dust that's on "top" of the film (facing the upper light
head) won't be detected by the reflective scan. Also, if the noise is
severe enough to block light on a transmissive scan, the reflective scan
may give you a "cancellation" image for it, but the information in the
film itself will still be obscured by it.