Old March 4th 15, 04:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Nikon D750 - Report from a fanboi

Eric Stevens Wrote in message:
On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 15:22:22 +0100, android wrote:

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

http://petapixel.com/2014/10/14/niko...reated-monster
/

or http://tinyurl.com/k4prl8h

As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true successor to
the D300s. What's your take?

In my case, it's the successor to the D300, which in turn was the
successor to the D70. While there was a very noticable jump from the
D70 to the D300 there seems to be an even bigger jump from the D300 to
the D750.

There is a marked improvement in dynamic range which gives rise to
improved low light shooting at even moderate ISOs. Focussing seems to
be more reliable but I have yet to try out all the focus settings.
There is no comparison between the sensors: the 24 MP D810 noticeably
exceeds the capability of the 12 MP D300 both in colour and in dynamic
range. Her is a cropped shot using the 70-200mm f/2.8 at f/8, ISO 400
and 200mm.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...R--7500147.jpg I don't
think I could have done that with the D300.

It's not like the D300 to set up and operate. Instead of having the
four sets of shooting banks and custom banks, both of which you both
set and select via the menu, the D750 has but two sets of banks. Each
one is set via the menu and selected by an external rotary selector on
the top-left corner of the camera. There is also a button "i" to
provide quick access via the menu to frequently changed settings. I
haven't even started to explore this yet but I think I prefer it to
the D300.

To see the way the capabilities of the cameras have improved, see
http://home.comcast.net/~NikonD70/Charts/PDR.htm#D70,D300,D750
which shows the way that the dynamic range of the D70, D300 and D750
have improved over the years. From D300 to D750 is a bigger step than
from D70 to D300.

D300 successor? Perhaps.

D300 supplanter? Definitely.

Thank you for your report.
I also think that it's very generous of you to show pictures of
your family that way. Are you sure that they are comfortable with
that? Stupid me. You had them sign a release, off course... :-)

--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/