Old March 3rd 15, 09:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Nikon D750 - Report from a fanboi

On Tue, 03 Mar 2015 16:32:54 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

As I've written befo I think that the D750 is the true successor to
the D300s. What's your take?

In my case, it's the successor to the D300, which in turn was the
successor to the D70.

it may have been what you bought after owning a d70 but that doesn't
make it a successor.

the d300 was *not* a successor of the d70. it was the successor of the
d200 which was the successor of the d100.

the d70 was a consumer slr, which was succeeded by the d80, d90 and
then the d5000 series.

While there was a very noticable jump from the
D70 to the D300 there seems to be an even bigger jump from the D300 to
the D750.

that's because the d70 and d300 different product tiers and the d300
and d750 are not only different product tiers but also dx/fx.

There is a marked improvement in dynamic range which gives rise to
improved low light shooting at even moderate ISOs.

no ****. the sensor in the d300 is much better than what was in the
d70, plus it didn't have the electronic shutter that hobbled the d70.

Focussing seems to
be more reliable but I have yet to try out all the focus settings.
There is no comparison between the sensors: the 24 MP D810 noticeably
exceeds the capability of the 12 MP D300 both in colour and in dynamic
range.

Whoops! I meant the 24 MP D750.

the d810 is 36 mp. the d750 is 24 mp.

both are full frame, so it should be no surprise that a full frame
camera of 2015 blows away a dx sensor from 7 years earlier.

Eric Stevens