Old October 3rd 09, 11:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_11_]

Default Why all the noise about noise?

"Chris Malcolm" wrote in message
David J Taylor wrote:

[]
Putting it mildly, I would be disappointed to find that I had to buy
add-ons to provide functionality missing from a $600 program.

To avoid serious disappointment then I suggest you be very careful not
to look too hard :-)

[]
Chris Malcolm

With all the hype about Photoshop, which I regard as an expensive program,
I expect that it would include at least something as basic as digital
camera noise reduction, considering that the much lower cost, and now
obsolete, Paint Shop Pro 10 does. I'm taking Alan's word that it does
not.

I do sometimes prefer a toolbox approach to software - using or buying
components which meet my own needs, rather than a massive, difficult to
learn, uncreative suite.

David