Old February 2nd 04, 11:32 AM
?

Default Thanks All (was: Color Printing Hassles)?

John,

I agree with you. I tell people who want to improve/learn watchmaking as a
vocation that should buy only the best and most complete stuff.

I have the little Omega B22 which serves me well. I refer to it as *entry
level* only because it is about as basic as you can get. Not even a
distance scale (I super glued a key chain sized measuring tape to one of the
condenser brackets). Still, I don't think I could ever part with it. It
was from the days when manufacturer's said, "Ok, this should work; but,
let's make it a little more solid just to be sure" That extruded center
column is overkill by today's standards and the counterbalance system and
focus system still do their jobs. I guess I develop emotional attachments
to equipment that serves me well.

I will certainly have saved your recommendations for color enlargers. Your
list removes the guess work out for me. Thanks.

Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com
Ebay Sales:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...ems&userid=dsc
Restorations, Parts for Hamilton M21s, Products for Craftsmen
Makers of Historic Timekeepers Ultrasonic Clock Cleaning Solution

"John" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:49:30 -0500, "?" ?@???.??? wrote:

I am not sure I even see me getting much more than an "entry" level color
enlarger (other than making sure it has 3 color wheels and is rigid).

As most on this group are aware, I'm not very keen on entry
level anything. Here are my recommendations for a decent color
enlarger.

Durst - M305 , M605 , 805 , L1000 , L1200

Omega - D5 , 670MXL , C76

Saunders - D6700

Most of the Rollei, Nikkor , Minolta , ESECO and some Phillips
and Vivtar equipment is actually quite good. Just make sure that you
get a complete package as negative carriers and lensboards are
sometimes hard to find.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email