Old February 25th 05, 04:37 AM
Shelley

I use a Linscan 1400. It's a flatbed scanner discontinued shortly after I
bought itabout three years ago. I had a lot of problems with it at first and
it never has been as reliable as it should be but with a lot of help from
Linoscan when I first bought it (now unfortunately not available as Linoscan
got out of the consumer scanner market a couple years ago), and a change in
software from the bundled Newcolor 5000 to Vuescan, it now works most of the
time. It does an excellent job when it works, I have no complaints on that
score. It's only 1200 ppi max which makes it problematical for anything
smaller than 4x5 but I think the claimed 1200 is pretty close to the actual
and I do 4x5 almost exclusively these days so it's fine for me. I'll keep it
until it breaks or until Imacon reduces their pro scanner prices
drastically.

"rafe bustin" wrote in message

What scanners are folks using for 4x5 film?

Would love to hear what folks are using,
how it works for them, and what scanners
you all lust after.

I'm doing "reasonably well" with a
Microtek/Artixscan 2500. The sharpness
and resolution are adequate, but there's
no dICE, and an annoying problem with
banding in dense areas of negatives.

rafe b.
http://www.terrapinphoto.com