Old April 13th 15, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default More on Exposure 7

On 2015-04-13 22:42:16 +0000, Eric Stevens said:

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 11:39:14 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Here is a B&W take of my Exposure 7 trial.

For this rendition I wanted to see how it matched up against NIK Silver
Efex Pro 2, and I am impressed.

Here I used an Ilford B&W emulation + Vignette, and added 50% grain as
if developed in Rodinal, and a few other tweaks.
This really looks like grain, not noise.
https://db.tt/NBuFaHS1

I guess that's OK, if you want to photograph grain. :-(

I wasn't trying to photograph grain. I was trying to emulate a classic
B&W film, and a classic developer, both of which together would produce
a reasonably visually pleasing grain. It managed this task quite well,
and I didn't have to handle the smells of a wet darkroom. I can
certainly get a similar result with NIK Silver Efex Pro 2, but I am
test driving Exposure 7 right now.

Savageduck