Old January 26th 08, 08:09 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
G.T.

Default Moderate this newsgroup?

scenic_man wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
chasfs wrote:
The number of off-topic posts is rising, but we
can do something about it. We can turn this
into a moderated newsgroup - see

The number of on-topic posts is so small as to not require a
moderator. The off-T posts aren't that many that they can't be
instantly dismissed.

That's not the numbers I'm seeing.
Not counting the messages in *this* thread itself, I count:
158 camera/photo-related msgs (not necessarily medium format)
268 junk
That is, very nearly 2/3, or 63% of the posts are outright junk or spam.

I use Supernews and currently see 0 of your junk posts.

Greg